Stało się. Wkrótce czeka mnie zakup nowego, większego samochodu.
Nie ma chyba gorszego momentu – brak komponentów produkcji, inflacja, słaby złoty w stosunku do Dolara i do Euro – wszystko to składa się na wysokie ceny nowych i używanych samochodów. A może to tylko moje subiektywne odczucie?
W tym tygodniu porozmawiajmy o samochodach – ich zakupie, utrzymaniu, prowadzeniu. Symbolice, osobistym znaczeniu i prestiżu, który mogą ze sobą nieść.
Cars and Driving – pytania:
1. How old were you when you first learned to drive? Who taught you to drive? How long did it take you to learn to drive?
2. Do you like to drive? Do you prefer to drive or to be driven?
3. Do you have a car?
4. If so, what kind of car do you have? Do you like it? Is it a standard (manual shift) or automatic shift?
5. What car would you like to have (be realistic!)
6. What are the advantages of owning a car?
7. What are the disadvantages of owning a car?
8. Are you a good driver?
9. Have you ever been in a car accident?
10. Have you ever been pulled over by the police? What happened?
11. Have you ever driven a car in a foreign country? If yes, which side of the road did they drive on? Were the road signs different?
12. Do you know anything about repairing a car?
13. Do you like to drive at night?
14. Is drunk driving a problem in your country? What is the penalty for drunk driving in your country?
15. What is the longest trip you have ever taken by car?
16. Are men better drivers than women? Are women better drivers than men?
17. Is car a status symbol in Poland? What can we tell or imagine about a person by looking at the car they drive?
18. What are the laws about seat belts in your country? Do you always fasten your seatbelts?
19. Do you allow passengers to eat inside your car?
20. What are the advantages/disadvantages of buying a second-hand car?
21. Do you wash your car yourself or do you have it washed?
22. Have you ever considered buying a hybrid / electric car?
23. Is it easy to find a parking space close to the place you work / live? Is parking expensive?
24. How do you feel about spending time in your car during rush hour? How do you entertain yourself while in traffic?
25. Is car theft a big problem in your country?