Sen. Jedni go celebrują i podkreślają jego wagę w naszym ogólnym dobrostanie. Inni traktują jako przeszkodę w byciu bardziej produktywnymi. Wiem jedno – JA mam go zawsze za mało. Proponuję, aby dzisiejsze konwersacje po angielsku dotyczyły spania i snów.
- How many hours of sleep do you generally need per night?
- What time do you usually go to bed?
- What time do you usually wake up?
- Do you manage to sleep as much as you need? If not, why not?
- Do you suffer from insomnia? Are you a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper?
- What keeps you awake at night? (e.g. worrying too much about stuff, too much coffee, your partner’s snoring, your neighbors’ parties, an uncomfortable bed, a hot summer)
- Do you use, or have you ever used, any special methods that help you get to sleep?
- Sleeping pills?
- Herbal remedies?
- Counting sheep?
- Do you snore?
- Do you talk in your sleep?
- Do you ever oversleep?
- Do you need an alarm clock to wake up?
- Do you ever sleep in? (Sleep late in the morning because it is a free day, etc.)
- Do you fall asleep while watching the TV or reading?
- Do you have a nap at lunchtime or at another time of the day? Does it help?
- When was the last time you were burning the midnight oil? What was your project about?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl? What tasks and activities do you prefer to do in the morning and which in the evening? Are you aware of your organisms preferences and day rhythm?
- Do you have a duvet, or do you prefer sheets and a blanket? How big is your bed?
Dreams and nightmares
- Do you remember your dreams?
- Do you have a recurring dreams?
- Tell us about a memorable, enjoyable, or strange dream you’ve had?
- Do you suffer from nightmares? Can you remember any specific nightmare?
- Do you believe that it’s possible to interpret dreams? Have you ever tried to interpret your own dreams?
- Have you ever walked in your sleep? Do you know anyone who does?
“Burning the midnight oil” is an idiom referring to someone staying up late into the night to complete work or project for the morning.
Inne tematy dyskusji i przygotowane przeze mnie pytania pomocne przy konwersacjach po angielsku znajdziesz naciskając na dział artykuły.